Friday, November 21, 2008

save the date! ely's getting married!

ely has watched a couple of princess movies lately and had become obsessed with marriage. to her, getting married means you get to wear a pretty dress and dance. she'd have a dress on and want to dance with me. she says "we marry now and so we can dance."

the other day we were sitting in the living room playing with some toys and ely looked at the entertainment stand and saw a picture of me and preston on our wedding day. it's one of my favorite pictures. she looked at it and said: "mommy! you got marry! you wear pretty dress and have pretty flowers and dance! and daddy was a prince!" i loved that she thought i looked like a princess and preston was my prince.

ely and i were at costco the other day waiting patiently for a parking spot and ely asked me if i was marry.
Me: i am married.
Ely: i get marry in 5 weeks!
Me: you are?! who are you going to marry?
Ely: i going to marry daddy!
Me: you can't marry daddy, he's already married to me!
Ely: i marry you!
Me: you can't marry me! i'm a girl! you have to marry a boy whose not already married. that's how it works. so who do you think you can marry?
Ely: i marry malachi, micah, and malachi o (her three little friends)

i've taught her well. she needs to snatch up all the good ones now!

4 comments:

ooshela said...

I am sure Malachi O would be more than happy to marry Ely, but he would definitely not want to share! :)

Leslie said...

That. Is. Awesome. I love your daughter, she makes me smile!

Chrissy Padilla said...

What a girl! She can hold her own with all the boys, yet she's still a princess. I like her sass!

Anonymous said...

Won't she love getting dressed up for that! But, I hope the day's a bit in coming : )
G'ma Melinda