Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Sweet Ely!

today my first baby turned three! last year on this day i sat here and marveled at how much she grew the previous year. well, this year is no different. ely has learned, grown and matured so much over the last year. i am so proud of the little person she is becoming (despite my parenting sometimes :)). god has graciously given me a caring and empathetic daughter who will one day grow into an amazing woman. god has been so faithful in our lives. he has sen us all through some tough times and has blessed us with more wonderful times. ely has taught me how to be a more patient and loving mother and person. i owe a great deal of my own maturing to her. she makes me laugh, cry and dance. i thank the lord for letting her be a part of my life and allowing me to watch her grow up.


some of our favorite memories with ely...
























we love you so much, ely! mommy and daddy are so proud of who you are growing up to be!

4 comments:

RubyLaRose said...

Awww! Look at teeny Ely, so darling! Three years ago could you even imagine this day? I know I couldn't and it's come and gone SO FAST! I'm really savoring things more with Margaret since I know how fast she'll grow.

Happy Birthday Ely!

Kimberly said...

It was fun to be able to stop by and wish Ely a happy birthday on Saturday...thanks for inviting us.
I also want to let you know that you should in no way belittle your parenting...Ely is the sweet girl she is because God gave her such a great mommy! :) I just want you to know that I think you are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

wow she is such a big girl! You and Preston make such cute kids. Wish we could have been at the party.

Anonymous said...

It is truely amazing how fast they grow. My beautiful blue eyed, blond haired grandchild is such a special girl. Happy Birthday Ely. I miss you so much.