Sunday, March 15, 2009

happy birth-weekend to me!

this weekend marked another birthday for me. i think that birthdays have become more about a time to hang out as a family and do something ely would like than it is about me. i would rather it be that way. with that said, ely had a great weekend!

i have the best husband ever! we planned on going to the san diego wild animal park on saturday and then to have a relaxing actual birthday day on sunday, but preston had other plans. he told me we had to get up early (well, early for me: 9AM!!) and surprised me with a trip to one of my favorite places ever: disneyland!
******WARNING*******
there are ALOT of pictures! i wanted to put even more, but i thought it might have been too much!
enjoy our day with us!

we went all the way to the san diego wild animal park to play on the slide!




She needed a snack very badly! that explains the sour face!

ely specically asked for a picture with the okapi





i taught her how to drive!

just beacuse he's so cute!

we're going through a tunnel and she's holding her breath (?)

she almost knocked pooh over when she ran to give him a hug! she has gotten over her fear of the big cartoon characters!

the tea cups of course!

waiting in line for the roller coaster

passing the time by posing for the camera

the roller coaster, her favorite (despite the 30 minute wait for a 30 second ride)


showing off her new minnie mouse hat

this is how we all felt at the end of the night



back down main street

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So fun! I can't wait to bring Madalyn for her 1st birthday in May! I miss Disneyland!

And may I also say, it is okay once and awhile to do something fun for you, just for you...it makes you an even better mommmy. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures! I'm glad you had a fun bday with your family, that's the best.