Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy 6 week birthday, Turtle Nesper!!

our little guy turned 6 weeks old today! it has been a good, but hard 6 weeks. josiah is so different from ely when she was a baby. it's taken me some time to get to know him and how to comfort him the way he needs to be comforted. he started to smile this week. itmakes it's a little easier on those really hard days to remember his sweet little face and his toothless, wide mouth smile. even when things are really difficult, i know that he is wonderfully made! i look at him and am excited to travel through life with him. i see god in his face and am find myself thanking god all the time for giving us josiah thomas.


for those of you who don't know, ely has decided that she doesn't like the name josiah thomas. when i was pregnant i asked her what we should name the baby if it was a boy and she said turtle. here's how introducing him went:

"ely, here's your brother! his name is josiah!"

"i don't like that name! it's turtle."

whenever people stop me and ask me his name i tell them and ely corrects me and tells them his "real" name.

i love the nickname. she is so proud of her little turtle. here is my little bug and my littler turtle.



i don't know where she gets it from, certainly not me, but ely is a sucker for a camera. my mom bought her a couple of new dresses and ely wanted to have a photo shoot. she posed herself in all hte pictures. i think we watch too much america's next top model in my house! :)





PS she dressed herself and did her own hair!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny about ely cause that is the first thing i thought even before i finished reading your blurp...to much ANTM =) I love it! I can't believe that josiah is 6 weeks already, he is so precious.

Melinda said...

They're both so beautiful. I love him being "Turtle". 6 weeks already, where does the time go?

Natalie said...

I think Ely should have been in Flash Dance.

JEN said...

I love this sweet "turtle" story!

RubyLaRose said...

Oooh, I wonder if watching ANTM would convince Ruby to let me take pictures of her!? Or at the very least look in my general direction while I have the camera, I have soooo many pics of the side of her face or back of her head, lol! Turtle is an adorable nickname!